I was recently reading Julia Reed’s “House on First Street” which tells about her New Orleans experience pre and post Katrina. It is a good read and I definitely recommend it. You will get hungry reading it. At one point she talks about eating catfish with remoulade. I thought “yum!” I make a pretty mean remoulade. This is my version of catfish with remoulade.
Use in amounts that suit your tastes
- Zatarains creole mustard
- Red chili sauce (not much)
- Worchestershire sauce (a dash)
Mix together. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut catfish into strips
- Season catfish with Cajun seasoning (Zaterains, Tony Chachere’s, Emeril’s Essence, whatever you like)
- Place a couple of cups of flour in a pie plate and add some Cajun seasoning.
- Break an egg into another pie plate and add some milk
- Dredge fish in flour then egg mixture and then flour again
- Fry fish in hot oil until done.
Serve with remoulade sauce.