It’s Tablescape Thursday again with Miss Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. A lot of times, my life calls for meetings. When possible, I like to meet at my home where we can have privacy and meet in a relaxing atmosphere. It is amazing to me how much work you can get done when you are meeting in a friendly atmosphere away from distractions. This tablescape is for a business lunch on the porch.
Today’s Lagniappe: South of the Border Chicken Casserole Add a salad and you’ve got a meal.
- 1 whole chicken, cooked and deboned, about 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chile peppers
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups nacho cheese chips, crushed (Doritos)
Mix chicken, soups, sour cream and green chiles together; set aside. Put cooked rice into bottom of a greased baking dish. Pour chicken and soup mixture over rice. top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350° for about 35 minutes, or until it is hot and has started bubbling. Add crushed tortilla chips to top and bake 5 minutes longer. Be careful not to burn chips.