Just saw at the grocery store that Florida corn was in and on sale! Why do I love Florida corn? The truth is because my Mama always told how good it was and it is imprinted on my brain. My taste buds just naturally follow, but I think that it really is good!
Corn is such a versatile vegetable. In the winter, I love it in a corn pudding. In the summer, grilled or roasted is the way to go! You know, I’ll be stocking up!
Today’s Lagniappe: Corn Salad
Another great way to enjoy sweet corn in the summertime.
* 6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
* 3 large tomatoes, diced
* 1 large onion, diced
* 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons white vinegar
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Chill until serving.